Firstly I like to tell you about the seven deadly sin and the seven heavenly virtues.
The Seven deadly sins are:
- Pride: which is an excessive belief in one own abilities.
- Envy: which is wanting want others have be it status abilities, or possessions.
- Gluttony: which is the desire to eat or consume more than you require.
- Lust: which is a powerful craving for such as sex, power and money.
- Anger: which is the loss of rational self-control and the desire to harm others.
- Greed: which is the desire for material wealth or gain.
- Sloth: which is laziness and avoidance of work.
The seven heavenly virtues which are specific opposites to the seven deadly sins: Humility against pride, Kindness against envy, Abstinence against gluttony, Chastity against lust, Patience against anger, Liberality against greed, Diligence against sloth.
Humility: which is modest behaviour, selflessness, and the giving of respect. Giving credit where credit is due; not unfairly glorifying ones own self.
Kindness: – charity, compassion, friendship and sympathy. Without prejudice and for its own sake.
- Abstinence: – constant mindfulness of others and ones surrounding; practicing self-control, abstention, and moderation. Chastity: -courage and boldness.
- Embracing of moral wholesomeness and achieving purity of thought through education and betterment.
- Patience: – Forbearance and endurance through moderation. Resolving conflicts peacefully, as opposed to resorting to violence. The ability to forgive; to show mercy to sinners.
- Liberality: – generosity. Willingness to give. A nobility of thought or actions.
- Diligence: – a zealous and careful nature in ones actions and work. Decisive work ethic. Budgeting ones time; monitoring ones own activities to guard against laziness.
Why have I mention about the seven deadly sins and the seven heaven virtues? It’s because we have or are one or more of these sins and virtues.
I can be a very envy person, this not mean I’m a bad person, but doesn’t mean it good either.
If I use my envy for good for example I may see someone really good at ballet and instead of feeling bad envy, and wanting to hate that person, I would use it for good by recognise, yes they good and why not I have a go myself I I’m able.
kindness 2the soul is about being kind to others and to also yourself even though you don’t get envy of your own self. But it good that your kind to your own self too.
We all have soul, a purpose, a dream, a memory, and a life to live.
Come and follow me on this journey and find way in being a better you and help those around you.
These are topics I will be doing
The lost soul: bereavement, divorce, separate, moving on.
Beautiful soul: alternative therapy, beauty and much more.
Working the soul Health lifestyle and fitness, exercise, and much more
And more topics to come.
Thanks for read.
Take care all.